Working Group Co-Chaired by:
In the advent of COVID-19 Pandemic, whole world has been exerting immense efforts on overcoming the virus. While governments and medical sectors are concentrating on treatment and development of vaccines and medicines, ICT sector has also been playing a pivotal role in enabling various economic activities while help alleviating the spread of the virus.
In continuation of the work of Working Group on “Epidemic Preparedness” in 2018, the new Working Group on “Epidemic Management” is proposed to analysis various global efforts, best practices and valuable learnings to tackle COVID-19 Pandemic and present how the world could work together to overcome another wave of Epidemics and Pandemics, reflecting various social, cultural and national environment and approaches.
Objectives of the Group:
- To study and present global framework encompassing various global epidemic management (Prevent, Detect, Respond) using ICTs
- To alleviate humanitarian and social loss by ICT in support of the SDG3: Good Health and Well-Being
The group was launched in September 2020 during the Broadband Commission’s Annual Fall Meeting.
- President Paul Kagame, Government of Rwanda
- Carlos Jarque, America Movil
- Mats Granryd, GSMA
- Ann Aerts, Novartis Foundation
- Makhtar Diop, IFC
- Baroness Beeban Kidron
- Sun Yafang, Huawei
- Achim Steiner, UNDP
- Government of South Africa
- Dr. Hessa Al Jaber, Eshailsat
- Leong Keng Thai, Singapore
- Robert Kirkpatrick, UN Global Pulse
- Dato Lee Yee Cheong, ISTIC
- Adrian Lovett, Web Foundation
- Jacob Lee, Hallym University
- Joanna Rubinstein, World Childhood Foundation