The Transform Africa Summit 23 (TAS23), led by Smart Africa, is Africa’s leading annual forum that brings together leaders from government, business, and international organizations to collaborate on innovative ways of shaping and accelerating Africa’s digital revolution. and sustaining Africa’s on-going digital revolution.
This year’s Summit aims to enable Member States to become more competitive, agile, open, and innovative in becoming smart economies.
It is an opportunity for meaningful engagement on how governments can attract large-scale investments and enable fast growth and exports as well as for the private sector to thrive in an innovation and ICT-driven entrepreneurship ecosystem, hence transform African nations into smart societies.
Broadband Commission Leaders and Commissioners will be engaged among the Summit’s notable list of leaders and experts, including:
- H.E. President Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda, Co-Chair of the Broadband Commission
- Ms. Doreen Bogdan-Martin, Secretary-General of ITU, Co-Vice Chair of the Broadband Commission
- Mr. Lacina Koné, Director-General of Smart Africa
- H.E. Ms. Paula Ingabire, Minister of Information Communication Technology and Innovation of Rwanda
- H.E. Ms. Aurélie Adam-Soule Zoumarou, Minister of Digital Economy and Communication of the Republic of Benin
- H.E. Mrs. Ursula Owusu-Ekuful, Minister of Communications and Digitalization of Ghana
- H.E. Dr. Amani Abou-Zeid, Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy of the African Union Commission
- Mr. Bocar Ba, Chief Executive Officer of the Samena Telecommunications Council
TAS 2023 will be held outside Rwanda for the first time since its inception. His Excellency President, Emmerson Mngangagwa, President of the Republic of Zimbabwe, will open the Summit and welcome other Heads of State including H.E. President Paul Kagame, President of the Republic of Rwanda the Chairman of the Smart Africa Board who will convene a Board meeting at the summit.
The Summit will be open for public participation in exhibitions and multiple discussion panels and roundtables. Commission leaders recognize the transformative potential of universal connectivity and sustainable digital transformation.
The Transform Africa Summit has been designed to foster constructive conversations towards building a Smart Africa and facilitate meetings of like minds seeking policy & opportunities to accelerate the continent towards socio-economic transformation.
To learn more about the Transform Africa Summit and to register for the event, please visit https://register.transformafricasummit.org.