Last week, world leaders, industry experts, civil society representatives and many Broadband Commissioners gathered at the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland to discuss the status and approach to solving the world’s biggest challenges under the theme “Cooperation in a Fragmented World”.
Connectivity and technology were woven throughout nearly all themes discussed at the Meeting, identifying broadband as a fundamental element to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals, as underlined in the Manifesto of the Broadband Commission,
Broadband Commissioners, leaders and representatives were featured throughout the week at more than a dozen different speaker sessions, touching on topics like cyberspace, technology for a resilient world, the future of work, climate challenges and digital solutions, and much more.
Get a deep dive into the perspective of our Commissioners on these issues in their recorded sessions:
- Ms. Doreen Bogdan-Martin, Secretary General of ITU
- H.E. Ms. Paula Ingabire, Minister of ICT & Innovation of Rwanda
- Mr. Achim Steiner, Administrator of UNDP
- Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman of Bharti Enterprises
- Ms. Pamela Coke-Hamilton, Executive Director of ITC
- Mr. Pekka Lundmark, CEO of Nokia
- Session: Twinning Energy with Digital
- Mr. Makhtar Diop, Managing Director of IFC
- Session: Tradetech meets Fintech
- Ms. Catherine M. Russell, Executive Director of UNICEF
- Dr. Tedros Ghebreyesus, Director General of WHO